Thursday, March 14, 2013

Troubles with Tracking

Today's Weight: 194.6, +1.6 from last week
Total weight lost: -90.0 lbs

Took a gain this week. Was I surprised? Nope. I did not exercise & I did not track. A deadly combo. Now, I can make every excuse in the book but I won't. I am just going to get over it & just do it. If you're a WW member or you've been a WW you know all about tracking. If you have no idea what I am talking about, with Weight Watcher's you get so many points plus values (PPV), given to you based on science, this daily target is to help you lose weight at a steady pace. To stay within those PPV it is best to write down what you're eating & how many PPV's you're eating=tracking. 

There are different ways to track. You can use an app or a journal or the least successful, in your head. I recommend one of the first two. I like using a journal, it's just easier to go back and look at weeks that I was more successful. My biggest problem area is the weekend. If I don't track before I eat, then I forget & if I forget one day to track, I don't do it for the rest of the week. I don't recommend doing that. You're never going to get anywhere doing that. If you have an issue with tracking, stop and think about why you have that issue. Be honest with yourself. No one is going to see your tracker but you. Write down what you really ate. If you went over your PPV, then as my leader says, start over with the next meal! That has been the biggest lesson for me. If I mess up, just start over, try again. I have to say, that this journey, will be never ending, and I don't say that in a bad way. Once you reach goal, it's not over, that's why it is so important to think of this as a lifestyle instead of a diet. 

What are some of your habits? Do you recognize what they are? Some of mine are going for long periods of time without eating because I don't feel hungry and then I'm starving by the time I get the chance to eat and usually end up over eating or instead of sitting down and eating, I'll just snack a lot. I eat out of boredom. I help my self to seconds, even if I'm not hungry just because it tastes good. I have BLT's (Bites, Licks & Tastes) and I don't track those because it was just a little bit...they add up. 

Today starts a new week for me. It's my Monday. My goal is to track every day. I'll let you know how it goes! What is your goal?



No comments:

Post a Comment